- by George F. Walker
article in Bay Area Reporter by Deborah Peifer
- Tickets & Directions / Home / Now Playing &
Coming Soon / Back to Media List / To email us
- EXIT Acting
- We are so accustomed to thinking of Christina Augello as a producer
(of the annual Fringe Festival) and as an artistic director (of EXIT Theatre),
that it's easy to forget that she started in the business as an actor.
When I saw her name on the cast list for EXIT's upcoming production of
Problem Child, I just had to find out what was up.
- Augello says she "starting acting in grammar school, and then
I went to New York, but I was side-tracked by the sixties."
- After founding EXIT Theatre, Augello was just too busy to think about
acting, but "I realized when I was watching the Fringe sows last season
that the actors were having lots of fun, and I missed that. I promised
myself that I'd act in two shows a year." She plays "a self-righteous
Christian social worker" in this selection from George F. Walker's
six-play cycle, Suburban Motel. Augello calls Problem Child dark
and very funny, and hopes to do another of the plays from the cycle next
- Between now and then, of course, is the Fringe Festival in September,
tha annual non-juried celebration of all things theatrical, which includes
this year something Augello calls "bring your own venue."
- "We're doing 51 shows this year, instead of the usual 50, because
a Mexican company performs its show on a bus, and they're bringing their
- While you're waiting for the bus, check our Problem Child at
EXIT Theatre, 156 Eddy, June 4-26. Call 673-3847.
- Home / Now Playing & Coming Soon / Back to Media List / To