NON-TRADITIONAL FRINGE VENUES
The San Francisco Fringe Festival encourages artists to perform “site specific” work in non-traditional locations as part of the San Francisco Fringe Festival. If you are interested in performing site-specific work at the SF Fringe read this page and submit the form at the bottom. If you have questions contact us at email@example.com.
The SF Fringe will be presenting 21 companies performing in the three theaters in the EXIT mutliplex at 156 Eddy Street in San Francisco. This application is for artists who want to present work that could not be properly presented in the traditional Fringe theaters.
Artists that are approved to perform in a Non-Traditional Fringe Venue (NTFV) will pay a $350 performance fee. NTFV performers may schedule up to nine (9) performances during the festival, September 6th through September 15th, 2018 (excluding Monday). NTFV performers are responsible for securing the location of their performances and all expenses and logistics including on-site box office. Performers receive 100% of their chosen ticket price up to $12, except for a limited number of discounted passes for which they will receive $8.
The San Francisco Fringe Festival will include the NTFV performances in promotion materials including the printed Fringe program and the Fringe website. The Fringe festival will sell advance tickets to the NTFV performances and provide a list of advance ticket sales.
SAN FRANCISCO FRINGE FESTIVAL IS A SAFE SPACE:
The San Francisco Fringe Festival holds the health and safety of its artists, volunteers, patrons and staff as its highest priority. We hold a zero-tolerance policy on harassment, non-consensual contact and abuse of any kind, and we reserve the right to revoke artist and producing agent rights and membership, volunteer status and audience admission if this code of conduct is violated at any time, which is at our discretion. We are committed to maintaining and holding the Fringe environment and experience as a safe inclusive community.
THE SF FRINGE REQUIRES THAT NTFV FRINGE COMPANIES PROVIDE:
• A fully prepared, professional, audience-ready, rights-secured production.
• A set ticket price of no more than $12.
• Your own show-specific promotional and publicity materials.
• All your production/travel/royalties/miscellaneous expenses.
• All Fringe materials such as contractual, technical, promotional forms on time when requested.
THE SF FRINGE PROVIDES NTFV PERFORMERS:
• 100% of your chosen ticket price.
• Publicity and general show support.
• Advance Ticket sales.
• “Fringe Central” that is staffed with knowledgeable people that are ready to assist you and the audience.
• Inclusion on the Fringe website and mobile app, in the Fringe program guide, and in the overall festival publicity.
• Any number of other community related events and updates including opening and closing night parties and The Daily Starr, the newspaper of the festival.
LOCATION AND SCHEDULING:
NTFV performers must demonstrate site control with a signed agreement. The site must be approved by the SF Fringe Festival and generally the site should be with walking distance of the standard Fringe venues at 156 Eddy Street in San Francisco, although we will consider other locations.
NTFV performers may schedule up to nine (9) performances during the festival, in consultation with the San Francisco Fringe Festival. Generally, scheduled performances must be coordinated with the traditional Fringe venue schedules. All performances must be between September 6th and September 15, 2018.
If you are interested in performing in a Non-Traditional Fringe Venue, complete the following application and hit SEND at the bottom. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks and Happy Fringing